Sunday, August 29, 2010

Packing

First, it sort of turns out that my reading comprehension is a tad subpar- I was off on my exit date by a mere day or so. Needless to say, I'm thankful I noticed that little detail.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share a few fun facts about my slog through the packing expereince. Some notable items:

Actual Air by David Berman: Uh, I was encouraged to bring a 'comfort' book. Seeing how most books I enjoy aren't the most 'comforting' (Crime and Punishment or Norwegian Wood seem unlikely to bring back the homestyle warm and fuzzies). Other books include: The Brothers K (wanted something nice and epic), Consider the Lobster (gonna make a run on Infinite Jest once I get home), Wind Up Bird Chronicle (Why not?) and Blood Meridan (seems like good safari reading).

Yellow Card: Nope, not the angst rock band, but rather a certificate stating that I've been vaccinated against yellow fever. Rad!

A Michigan Themed Oven Mitt: Got to represent, to say the least.

3 comments:

  1. My mother also purchased a Michigan-themed oven mitt for me to give as a gift! As I have not seen evidence that anyone in the country of India ever uses oven mitts, I haven't given it away yet. I'm pretty sure they would be completely bewildered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´ve been craving Norwegian Wood insanely. there is a girl in my class with the What I Talk About When I talk about Running, and I have an appropriately literary crush on her reading list.

    I also brought an oven mitt, but more flower´n´vine themed. its still not been given, they already have like three oven mitts from past host kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. David James Duncan Northwesterny? Or cold and Russian-y?

    Brothers K that is.

    ReplyDelete