Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Beginnings!

Consider this the figurative bottle of champagne being broken upon this blog, if you don't consider that metaphor too pretentious. A few quick notes: the title simply translates to 'American in Kenya' (or so I hope) and the hyperlink is something along the lines of 'Zach Traveler'. Both are in kiswahili, a language I sort of almost understand.

I have a mere 6 days until I board a series of planes that will hypothetically deliver me to Nairobi about a day later. I'm not really close to being ready to leave, logistically- all I've done is pick out some books I might buy for the flight (note that I haven't even bought them yet). Emotionally, I'm a tad more prepared, but I anticipate I'll miss some of the opulence/conveniences of America. Mostly just the ability to watch TV on my laptop though, to be honest.  Also, I'm a little disappointed because I'm like 98.5% certain that Sharktopus is gonna come out while I'm away.

Anyhow, I'll keep this brief. Look for more updates as I get closer to leaving/leave. Asante!

No comments:

Post a Comment