Sunday, September 12, 2010

Randoms

-I attended my first mass ever this morning, and found myself in the choir somehow. I don't know what the most awkward part was, the fact that I was the only mzungu (whitey) in there, that I can't sing, or that I was utterly confused the entire time because I've never been to a mass.
-It turns out that the mammals in my yard are actually sheep- my bad.
-After reading 'Consider the Lobster' by DFW and seeing so many all the time, I almost feel bad when i eat goat. Almost.
-I go to Mombasa next week, for swahili practice. I'm also staying in tropical resort while i'm there. Can i complain? No way.
-My internet access has plummeted since I've been here- this is maybe the 5th time i've logged on, and the first for more than 15 minutes. I'm actually more inclined to believe the people who say it wrecks concentration- I can already sit down and read a newspaper cover to cover without distraction, which is something I couldn't do when i got here.
-I went to the Masaai Market on Friday, and used my Swahili to not get entirely ripped off. Bargaining is mega fun, as expected.

This will probz be all until I get back from Mombasa.

1 comment:

  1. enjoy Mombassa, practice hard. do not get swindled by the greedy salesmen.

    gotta go check on my other 67 tabs i have open.

    ReplyDelete